Join the demonstration of the Flood and Drought portal at the Water and Development Congress
Buenos Aires, Argentina | 14 November 2017 | 13:30 - 15:00 15 November 2017 | 12:00 - 13:30
A hands-on experience to discover the Flood and Drought Portal (www.flooddroughtmonitor.com), which supports both short- and long term planning at basin and water utility scales.The applications to be demonstrated and tested include:
- Data and Information: Near real-time satellite base data, seasonal and medium range climate forecast, climate change projections and information relevant for basin and local planning.
- Issue Analysis: Evaluates causes behind environmental issues. Based on Causal Chain Analysis (CCA) and Water Resources Issues Assessment Method (WRIAM).
- Water Indicator: Select relevant indicators for measuring the state of a specific issue. It provides a library of indicators with information about the required data and their application.
- Water Safety Plan support: Guidance for utilities in their WSP development and implementation within the context of climate change. The WSP support tool is aligned with the WSP manual’s 11 modules.
- Reporting: Enables automated reports covering different aspects of the planning process.
*See the event postcard here.
*More information about the Water and Development Congress, here.